- This is pure Ceylon cinnamon ( Cinnamomum zeylanicum or Cinnamomum verum ) which is native to the island of Sri Lanka. Ceylon cinnamon sticks are delicate and flake easily. Skilled workmen use a unique handcrafted procedure to make Ceylon cinnamon from the inner bark of the cinnamon tree.
- Freshly ground quality Ceylon cinnamon, mainly consist of ground chips with more pronounced flavor, a pale brown hue and a great aroma. Available bulk quantities in x, y, z …. mesh sizes.
- Freshly ground quality Ceylon cinnamon with more pronounced flavor than whole cinnamon quills. Mainly consist of crushed quillings that are resulted from the peeling, processing and baling of quills. This product possesses a golden brown hue and a great scent. Available bulk quantities in x, y, z …. mesh sizes.
- Possess sweet-spicy flavor with hints of cloves and Citrus which is unique to Ceylon cinnamon. Because of the greater concentration of Cinnamaldehyde, as well as other many compounds including Eugenol in the Ceylon cinnamon bark.
- Gives elegant exotic fragrance which is refreshing and reduces the feelings of depression, faintness, and exhaustion.
- This product is made entirely of natural ingredients and has been cultivated and processed according to the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and standard regulatory requirements.
- It's perfect to add into tea, hot chocolate, and a variety of baked goods, for a tasty burst with a nice scent. sprinkle some on sliced apples, oranges, or melons, for example. In an Apple Blackberry Smoothie, it's even better. But it really shines in heated pancakes or cinnamon French toast, when the heat unleashes the scent and makes your mouth wet. You'll recognize its familiar taste and aroma in cakes, cookies, breads and pies, dumplings, puddings, pastries and ice cream. It's common in savory dishes too.
- No natural or artificial flavors, Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), or other preservatives, additives, or any chemical enhancers are blended or infused in this product. Not mingled with any other varieties of cinnamon powder; As a result, True Ceylon cinnamon's valuable medicinal qualities have not been marred.
Ultra Low Coumarin Content
- Studies have proven that Ceylon cinnamon bark has low Coumarin (1,2-benzopyrone) levels of 0.004%. Therefore, it is commonly used in pharmaceutical or nutraceutical supplements. Ceylon cinnamon is safer to consume without undue concerns.
Positive Health Benefits
- Cinnamon’s medicinal effects are invaluable. It lowers blood sugar and serum cholesterol levels. Decreases inflammation. Controls blood pressure. Regulates metabolism. And helps weight loss & much more.
- Our attractive and safe packing under hygienic environment to meet food safety requirements keeps essentially the contents fresh, good tasting and flavoring.
What is Ceylon?
Simply it is Sri Lanka. In ancient times, Sri Lanka was known by various names, including Lanka, Lankadeepa or Lakdiva, Tambapanni, Taprobane, Serendib, Zeylan or Seylan and Ceylon, which was the colonial British's name and the official name until 1972, when it was changed to “Sri Lanka”.
Then what is Ceylon Cinnamon?
The real or Ceylon cinnamon, Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume (syn. Cinnamomum verum Berchthold & Presl), and seven additional cinnamon species are native to Sri Lanka. Which means they are naturally restricted or belong exclusively to Sri Lankan geographical area. Due to its chemical composition, excellent quality, established health advantages compared to other cinnamon species, Ceylon cinnamon is quite pricey.
Sri Lanka has been the world's leading provider of real cinnamon for over seven centuries, and it still has a 90% market dominance. C. zeylanicum was first gathered in the rainforests of Sri Lanka's south-western area, where it was originated.
How does Ceylon Cinnamon differ from Cassia?
Cinnamomum is a genus with approximately 250 aromatic species, most of which are found in Asia and Australia. Many of these species have a strong scent and are therefore used as flavorings.
The most economically significant cinnamon species are,
1. Ceylon cinnamon ( Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume) and
2. Cassia ( Cinnamomum cassia J. Presl)
Here is a general comparison between 2 species.
Cinnamomum verum J.S. Presl
Laurus cinnamomum L.
Cinnamomum aromaticum Nees
C. cassia Nees ex Blume
Almost thin, papery, brittle, easily crushed or powdered
Thick and hard when dried
Has a single spiral curl and filled with multiple layers of short pieces of bark
Has a double curl when dries and only a few single layers of bark in quill
Flavor and aroma
Delicate, mild sweet and complex
Strong spicy, pungent flavor and aroma compared to Ceylon cinnamon